I generated the smoke and noise textures using a smoke sim in Houdini. The texture is tinted red and orange with emissive in a material in order to make it appear as fire. The ground decal was done in photoshop. The rock debris from the explosion are also meshes that were generated in Houdini. The larger rocks on the ground are simply instances of a destructible mesh made out of a cylinder. The texture for the rock and everything else is from Unreal Engine’s standard assets.
I’m trying out some explosion experiments. I haven’t brought in lighting or collision yet.
Here are some gizmos done for Guild wars 2.
Some other gizmos I did but didn’t put into the reel:
Working on making some basic realistic effects in the Unreal Engine. Here’s the first item I’m working on.
Here is a work in progress rig I’m working on with a character a friend has graciously let me borrow. Geoff’s website can be seen here: http://geoffkaiser.weebly.com/
My goal for this project is to make a cartoony character that can use cartoony animation like deformations and bring them into the Unreal Engine. I plan on experimenting with both morph targets and alembic. The control rig is also an experiment for me, using shapes instead of curves to control the rig, so that the animator can better see what they are deforming.
Hello. I’ve updated my thesis blog with some new updates. Here are some preview images. Posts are here: Updated Emotions Test and some Unreal Engine Work, Eye Shader and Scripts
A milestone update on my forest project. The water shader has been updated, as well as the moss on the walls, the landscape material, as well as a model and texture update to the grass. New stone circle rocks and stream rocks have also been added. I’ll add a video showing interactive animations and vertex painting in the future.
Work in progress posts: part one, part two, and part three.
Here is an update on my third milestone for the forest project. The goal of this milestone was to inject some more atmosphere and work on the core lighting. Some of the textures are incomplete, for instance, the landscape materials, the walls, the water, and rocks. A link to the work in progress versions: part one and part two.
A simple IK rigging script done with Python.
Here are some more work in progress shots on my forest project in Unreal. I’ve been working on the fog shader, the grass, lighting, and the water. The water shader is still a work in progress, and I’m missing a lot of meshes currently to fill the forest.
Part one of earlier images are in this post.
The most recent shot: